Design And Engineering:
The “face of Chrysler” sports an all-new front grille for 2009, resulting in a fresh face on the award-winning sedan. The 2009 Chrysler 300C SRT8 also features a new color, Deep Water Blue Clear Coat.
The 2009 300C SRT8’s exterior styling combines sophisticated, premium elegance with functional performance enhancements. Front and rear fascias include unmistakable SRT cues, such as air ducting for brake cooling, as well as the specially designed rear deck lid spoiler, which increases rear downforce without increasing drag. Other touches include body-color front and rear bumper inserts, body-color mirrors and door handles, and unique SRT badging.
The Chrysler 300C SRT8’s 425-horsepower, normally aspirated, 6.1-liter HEMI produces 420 lb.-ft. of torque. The HEMI power is channeled through a five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated, driver-selectable Auto Stick, which offers fully automatic or manual shifting selection.
Chassis setup for the Chrysler 300C SRT8 is aimed at all-around performance, including SRT-tuned dampers, specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings, and large-diameter anti-sway bars. Revised front and rear suspension knuckles contribute to a ride height that’s lowered one-half inch from the Chrysler 300C. For 2009, the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) has been SRT-tuned and brake knockback mitigation software was added to the ABS system. The system senses lateral acceleration and effectively primes the system in anticipation of the next brake application.
Benchmark braking performance results from a four-wheel, disc-brake system featuring performance calipers developed by Brembo, each equipped with four pistons for even clamping. Up front, the Chrysler 300C SRT8 has 360 mm x 32 mm vented rotors, and 350 mm x 28 mm vented rotors in the rear. The result is 60 – 0 mph braking performance of approximately 110 feet. The SRT-exclusive braking system includes brake knockback mitigation software for even better track response. The system senses lateral acceleration and effectively primes the system in anticipation for the next brake application.
“The 2009 Chrysler 300C SRT8 was engineered to deliver customers outstanding performance to match the elegant design,” said Kipp Owen, Director, Street and Racing Technology Engineering – Chrysler LLC. “With specific SRT-tuned ride and handling, ESP and ABS, and powered by the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine, customers will arrive in style after enjoying the ride.”
- Bright Silver Metallic
- Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
- Deep Water Blue Clear Coat
- Inferno Red
- Powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 producing 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque, the Chrysler 300C SRT8’s powertrain and performance-tuned ride and handling offer a world-class performance sedan experience
- Fuel economy has improved for 2009, resulting in a lower gas guzzler tax
- Chrysler 300C SRT8 offers the ultimate in American sedan performance, and builds on the momentum of Chrysler 300C and HEMI
- The SRT formula infuses the 300C SRT8 with sophisticated ride and handling characteristics, suitable for conditions ranging from everyday traffic to spirited driving on challenging routes
- The Chrysler 300C SRT8 is part of a broad lineup of Street and Racing Technology vehicles developed under the credo “Race inspired, street legal”
Source Of Information And Photos: Chrysler Archives